City of Seagoville Municipal Court of Record No.1


  • Janice McKee, Presiding Judge
  • Hyattye O. Simmons, Associate Judge
  • Julissa Perez, Court Administrator, CCCII
  • DeAnna Arenas, Court Clerk, CCCI


The Municipal Court is the judicial branch of the city government. In Addition, the Municipal Court is part of the state judicial system. Municipal Courts hear Class C Misdemeanor criminal cases, Traffic violations, for which the maximum fine, upon conviction, does not exceed $500.00 and which no jail sentence may be assessed. Municipal Courts also hear cases involving City Ordinance violations, which may have fines up to $2,000.00 for certain offenses.

Juveniles and Minors

Juveniles, persons under the age of 16 at the time of the citation, must appear in court with a parent or legal guardian (please bring documentary proof if appearing with guardian).

Minors, persons under the age of 21 who received a citation for an alcohol offense or under the age of 18 who received a citation for a tobacco offense, must enter their appearance in open court.

Please note, if you fail to appear as stated, a notice will be sent to the Texas Department of Public Safety to suspend your driver's license or prohibit you from being able to obtain one.

Court Hearing Information

A request for a court hearing may be made at the clerk's office or by mail. Picture identification must be provided.

General Information

If you are convicted of a misdemeanor offense involving violence where you are or were the spouse, intimate partner, parent, or guardian of the victim or are were involved in another similar relationship with the victim, it may be unlawful for you to possess or purchase a firearm, including a hand gun or long gun, or ammunition, pursuant to federal law under 18 U.S.C. Section 922 (g)(9) or section 46.04 (b). Texas Penal Code. If you have any questions whether these laws make it illegal for you to possess or purchase a firearm, you should consult an attorney.

The driver Responsibility Program (DRP) establishes a system that authorizes the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) to assess surcharges to an individual based on certain traffic offenses that have occurred on or after September 1, 2003. Individuals are notified by mail each time a surcharge is added to their driver record. Surcharges are in addition to other fees and do not replace a suspension, revocation, denial, disqualification or cancellation resulting from the same conviction.

This program was developed to encourage safe driving habits. It requires DPS to assess surcharges to individuals based on certain traffic offenses. These surcharges are assessed in tow ways, a point system, and conviction based.
- Points are assessed for Texas or out-of-state moving violation convictions: two (2) points for a conviction, and three (3) points for a conviction that resulted in a crash. Individuals are assessed a point surcharge annually if they have six (6) or more points on their driver record. For each consecutive 12 month period that an individual does not receive any points for a moving violation, one (1) point will be deducted from the individual's total points.
- A conviction based surcharge is a result of being convicted of any of the following; Driving While Intoxicated, No Driver License, Driving While License Invalid, and No Insurance. Points are not assessed for these offenses. A conviction bases surcharge will be assessed annually for three (3) years from the date of conviction. An individual also has the option to pay all three (3) years at once.

DPS offers programs that may reduce or waive surcharges. For more information about DRP, along with details on available surcharge discounts and other surcharge assistance programs, please visit,

If you would like to see a list of those attorney's registered to serve in the Seagoville Municipal Court as an attorney ad litem please click here.


The Municipal Court staff does not answer legal questions of any nature. The clerks are allowed to explain court proceedings and procedures only. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney. For legal help visit:
All Open Records Requests should be submitted to the city secretary by filling out an Open Records Requests Form and fax or email to: 972-287-3891 or

If your cases are in collections please contact: Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP at
1(866) 234-9790 or to pay online: