The primary mission of the Solid Waste Division is to ensure all Seagoville residents and commercial customers receive effective services. The Solid Waste Division works comprehensively with Republic Waste Services to ensure reliable trash removal. This teamwork concept between Republic Waste Services and the City of Seagoville ensures that every customer receives quality managed waste removal.
If you have any questions or problems with your trash or bulk service, please call City of Seagoville Customer Service at 972.287.2050.
The City of Seagoville's solid waste collection days are Monday through Friday. Please see the service map and calendar to determine the zone your residence is in and which day solid waste or bulk items are collected in your neighborhood. Recyclables are collected every other week on Wednesday. Please see the the Solid Waste and Recycling Overview for details.
Please follow these guidelines to ensure the best service possible:
- Republic Waste Services will provide each residence a blue cart for refuse and a green cart for recycling.
- If you wish to use additional blue refuse carts, you may order them by calling 972-287-2050. There is a minimal monthly charge for each additional cart.
- PROPER CART PLACEMENT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Please roll your cart within 2 feet of the edge of the street by 7:00 am. Make sure the handles are facing your house, so that when the cart is lifted, the lid opens toward the street. Please check to see that it is no obstructed by parked cars, boats, etc.
- Your cart must be at the curb by 7:00 am on designated pick-up days, or you may set your cart out the night before.
- All trash must be bagged, and placed inside the provided blue refuse cart.
- Yard waste, tree trimmings, and branches must fit inside the blue refuse cart. If you have more than can fit inside the cart, prepare it for the bulk item pickup. Brush should be six feet or less in length, with branches no more than six inches in diameter, weighing less than 50 pounds, and in a neatly stacked pile.
- Bulk collections start on the first Monday of every month.
- The City of Seagoville participates in a Hazardous Household Chemical Waste disposal program with Dallas County. This service is free to Seagoville residents. For details follow this link: Dallas County Hazardous Household Waste