SUMMARY: Provides care for animals in the Animal Shelter including feeding, cleaning and monitoring animal behavior. Monitors conditions of animals and implements precautionary measures in order to prevent disease transmission. Cleans and disinfects pens, floors and related ares in accordance with established practices. Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides assistance to customers wishing to adopt and animal; escorts customers through the Animal Shelter; responds to and directs questions regarding adoption or purchasing procedures.
- Provides general office assistance such as answering phones, data entry or other related duties as assigned.
- Receives animals at the Shelter.
- Assists Animal Control Officer in the humane care for animals in custody including spraying, dipping, feeding, etc.
- When necessary, assists Animal Control officer with apprehension of unlicensed and uncontrolled animals.
- Daily cleans, maintains, disinfects and performs minor repairs in the Animal Shelter.
- Cleans and maintains grounds around the Shelter.
- Assists citizens in the procedure of reclaiming impounded animals.
- Assists Animal Control Officer with euthanization of animals as appropriate.